What an awesome weekend we had! Saturday morning, Kevon and I left Kirksville and headed to Lake of the Ozarks to spend the weekend with my family. We started off our trip by heading to my parents boat and spent the day on the lake with them, followed by dinner and a fireworks display. That night we headed over to the Lodge of the Four Seasons, where my grandparents keep their boat. We spent the next two nights there and enjoyed jet skis, pools, and one amazing firework display! It was so wonderful to spend time with all of my immediate family. Lots of laughter and fun times were had.
Monday morning it was time to leave, and we headed towards Kansas City for the McCarty side of the family. Each year, they host a Fourth of July pool party and it was a great time, as always! We enjoyed delicious BBQ and, yet again, another fireworks display. I was not ready for the weekend to end!
Kevon started his preceptorship today here in the Kansas City area. Since we're from here, he is staying with family and I am fortunate enough to have time off from work and am able to spend the week here with him! The thought of two weeks apart is not appealing to either one of us, so it worked out well with my schedule. We woke up at 0530 to get ready for his first day, and he got off at 1800. What a long day for him! He seems to really like the physician he is shadowing, and is looking forward to the days ahead. I feel like a mom sending her child off to school every time I see him dressed up in his white coat for occasions like this. =) I am such a proud wife and he is just so dang cute!
Tomorrow is going to be another early morning for us, so we are off to bed. Sweet dreams, world.

No comments:
Post a Comment