Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Giving Thanks

Between school and the beginning of the holidays, we have been very busy the past month! Although life seems to be in fast forward at times, I have found myself sitting back and reflecting on all of the things I am thankful for lately. 

Right before Thanksgiving break, K and I were going through our closets. Being the woman that I am, I let out a sigh and stated how I don't have enough clothes for winter - my jeans are too loose (ok, that is not worthy of a complaint), my dress collection is comprised of sundresses from this past season, I don't have any sweaters, I want a pair of Uggs, blah, blah blah.  Being the man that my husband is, K let out a sigh. Here I am, standing with my husband looking at an overabundance of clothes on my side of the closet . . . I knew a lecture was coming. Instead, K looked at me and said, "when you say things like that, I feel terrible. I feel like I'm not doing my part as a husband by not providing you with all of the things you need and want. I wish I could..." 

...and the Worst Wife of the Year award goes to me.

I felt terrible. The fact that my husband didn't feel like he was being a good enough provider absolutely broke my heart. Truth is, K is too wonderful. While other families are struggling to stay warm and keep food on their tables, our bills are paid, I was able to return to school this semester, we have a warm, comfortable home, we have food to eat, we go on vacations, and have an occasional shopping trip. I don't need anything. Due to my own selfishness, I had lost sight of all of the wonderful blessings that God had put right in front of me.

It is so important to remember those blessings, especially this time of year. And to my sweet, caring, loving husband - you are everything I could ever want and more. 





No comments:

Post a Comment