I could list a million reasons why I love my husband and think he is awesome, but one of the many reasons I just think he is the greatest thing ever is because he is a living organ donor! Yesterday marked the five year anniversary of Kevon donating one of his kidneys to his aunt. I feel like his awesomeness is, without a doubt, worth celebrating. What better way to celebrate than with cake?!
Unfortunately, I am not quite ready to take on Cake Boss. The cake split in half while I attempted to flip it out of its pan prior to shaping it, the kidney looks more like a pink crescent moon, and then the cake was flaking off in the frosting. Oh well, A for effort, right? Kevon ended up loving it, and that is all that matters. ;-)
That is a great cake! And wow, what an awesome, amazing and selfless gift. There are so many great people in the world. It gives me butterflies to hear uplifting stories such as this. :)
ReplyDelete