Sunday, August 7, 2011

Embracing Each Day

 To Do List
QUITCHA BITCHIN'

Today marks the one year anniversary of our move to Kirksville. One of my biggest regrets about our first year in Kirksville is wishing the days away. I remember being in tears on numerous occasions last year because I felt so lonely and out of place in our new home. This phase did not just last during our first month here, but went on through most of the school year. Rather than trying to become involved and making this experience enjoyable, I cried,complained and ignored advice. Suddenly, though, I had this awakening; it was time to EMBRACE this adventure! Every bit of it (good and bad). And so that is exactly what I have done and am continuing to do. Let me tell you, it feels great!

This year a big goal for me was to become a part of SAA. Afterall, I do owe it to SAA that I made some wonderful friends during our first year in Kirksville. Guess what? I did it! Say hello to the new Socials Officer. This year I, along with my co-chair, will be planning one social a month for us adults to escape the hectic lives we live and just have fun! I am extremely excited to start planning and to build friendships with other SAA members.

Along with being an active part of SAA this year, I have so many wonderful things to look forward to - working on MY education, continuing to work in a field I love, seeing my husband succeed through his second year, planning for our rotations . . . The list goes on.

Crazy how things change over the course of a year; lovely how things change for the better. Life is sweet.








2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's spent some time lamenting the loneliness of Kirksville. I really hope this year will be better :) (Sarah)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina! I loved this post and I'm SOOO excited for our socials! It's going to be so fun to get to know everyone!

    ReplyDelete