Also, while we were in Kansas City, we visited the priest at the Catholic Church that Kevon attended growing up. In December, when Kevon and I had our destination wedding, it was done outside of the Catholic Church so we are required to have our marriage convalidated. Sound foreign? It did to me at first, too. "Catholic Church law requires baptized Roman Catholics to marry before a priest . Catholics who exchange marriage vows in the presence of only ministers from other religious traditions or authorized civic officials are not considered validly married in the eyes of the Catholic Church. Couples may seek to have their union officially recognized by the Church. In technical Church terms, this is known as convalidation of a marriage . . . " So the exciting news is that we have set the date for this upcoming New Years Eve, our wedding anniversary! We're so excited to have our marriage blessed (ok, and I'm just a little excited to be able to dress up like a bride again). Now its time to plan a big party!
I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and got to celebrate Father's Day with the wonderful men in their lives. Unfortunately I did not get to spend the weekend with my wonderful dad so I will give him a little shout-out on here . . .
Dad- thank you for always being the man that my biological father couldn't be. I love you, and your sweet dance moves.

No comments:
Post a Comment